Can anyone give me some information about some hotels in Iloilo City, Philippines?
Throngs of people are coming to Iloilo City for a number of reasons. Some want to witness the city’s grandiose festivals, such as the Dinagyang or Paraw Regatta. Others make time to visit family and friends, and see for themselves some of the city’s most magnificent, and oldest structures. Business people are in the city, too, to attend conventions, seminars, and events.
Regardless of whether you are in Iloilo for business or pleasure , you will need a place to stay, and you will not be disappointed as there are many choices of hotels, pension houses, inns, and boarding houses (that offer transient accommodations) to suit one’s lifestyle and budget.
Among the finest and more established hotels in Iloilo City are:
1) Sarabia Manor Hotel and Convention Center. A four-star hotel located at General Luna Street, Iloilo City, Sarabia Manor and Convention Center, is the biggest hotel in Iloilo City, with 187 air-conditioned rooms, all equipped with internet access, TV, and refrigerator, just to name a few. There’s a kiddie pool and adult pool, and several function halls in Sarabia Manor that can accommodate up to 1,200 persons. There are several restaurants, too, that specialize in Japanese, Korean, Italian, and Filipino cuisines. Sarabia Manor Hotel has been named “Best Hotel” on two occasions, one in the year 2000, and the second time in 2006.
2) Hotel Del Rio. A Spanish European inspired hotel located in Molo, Iloilo City, Hotel Del Rio is one of the more reliable and frequented hotels in the city. It has 60 air-conditioned rooms, each with plasma TV, refrigerator, telephone, and wifi-access. It has a small kidney-shaped pool overlooking the scenic Iloilo River.
3) Days Hotel. Days Hotel is located at the fourth floor of the Atrium Mall, right in the heart of Iloilo City. It has 70 air-conditioned rooms, carpeted flooring, a restaurant, function rooms, a spa and gym. Days Hotel may be a bit pricier than the other hotels in Iloilo City, but the fact that it’s accessible to almost everything makes it all worthwhile.
4) Amigo Terrace Hotel. Amigo Terrace Hotel, along Iznart Street (a business street), Iloilo City, has just completed a major renovation, and has re-established itself as one of the best hotels in the city. Major attractions are the Amigo Terrace Arcade, the restaurant, and the boutiques and shops found within the hotel itself.
There’s also a shortlist of business class hotels in the city:
1) Grand Dame Hotel. The Grand Dame Hotel is conveniently located in LaPaz, Iloilo City, just across the LaPaz Public Market. It’s a boutique hotel with only 35 rooms, but is quite well known because of the Emilion Restaurant that sits on the third floor of the hotel, offering lunch and dinner buffet.
2) The Iloilo Grand Hotel. The Iloilo Grand Hotel is an imposing structure in front of the Central Market in downtown Iloilo. It has 110 rooms and many large function rooms that are often used as venues for meetings, conferences, seminars, and conventions.
3) Century 21 Hotel. Century 21 Hotel along Gen. Luna Street, Iloilo City, has one of the lowest room rates, starting at only P825.00 (for single occupancy). It has 63 air-conditioned rooms and several KTV rooms, and a restaurant .
Hotels at Smallville Complex:
Right inside the Smallville complex (a party place, no less!) in the district of Mandurriao, Iloilo City (a business district) are three-star hotels such as:
1) Iloilo Business Hotel. The first hotel to have opened in Smallville, Iloilo Business Hotel has 60 rooms, all air-conditioned, and with LCD cable TV, refrigerator, minibar, and wifi access. The hotel is also noted for its delicious buffet dinners.
2) Westown Hotel. Westown Hotel is located just across Iloilo Business Hotel. This four-storey hotel has 90 air-conditioned rooms, a KTV and billiards hall, several function rooms and a swimming pool.
3) Smallville 21 Hotel. The newest hotel to have opened in Smallville Complex, Smallville 21 Hotel boasts of 60 air-conditioned rooms, all affordably priced, and KTV rooms, where friends and guests can jam the whole night.
For the budget-conscious, there are several budget hotels to choose from:
1) Iloilo Midtown Hotel. The Iloilo Midtown Hotel at Yulo Street, Iloilo City, is a popular choice not only because of its very affordable rates, but also because of its restaurant which specializes in Chinese dishes.
2) River Queen Hotel. River Queen Hotel along Bonifacio Drive, Iloilo City (beside the Iloilo River) is an old hotel in Iloilo City. It’s one of the oldest, in fact, but still reliable.
Notwithstanding your budget, it is always wise to read reviews of hotels in Iloilo City from credible sources. Make time to visit the hotel’s website, if it has one, and try to read up on what others are saying about it. True, you may only be needing a place to sleep in, but surely you will want to be comfortable and happy while you are in Iloilo City, the City of Love!